- Don’t Flay the Sheep
- My wife’s long-running blog, soon to have a design that doesn’t feel like it was made in the early aughts (even though it was).
- The Web Fountes
- A collection of type foundries and distributors that offer webfonts.
Talks & Presentations
It has been a while, but I’m always up for talking about accessibility, typography, web development, and a number of other things.
- “Accessibilitype!” Web Afternoon, 4 Oct. 2013, and TypeCon2013: Portl&, 25 Aug. 2013.)
- “Press Checks in the Age of Web Type.” TypeCon2012: MKE SHIFT, 4 Aug. 2012.
- “Meet the New Web Typgraphy: Same as the Old Web Typography.” AIGA Chicago: The New Web Typography, 6 Oct. 2011.
- “Beyond Accessibility.” Tanagram Partners, Sept. 2008.
- “Making New Things Old: Rhetoric, Typography, and Early Anglo-Saxon Scholarship.” International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 11 May 2007.
- “Matthew Parker and the Metrical Preface to the Old English Pastoral Care.” International Congress on Medieval Studies, 5 May 2006.
- “‘Spotty’ Exile: The Vision of the Moon in Pearl.” Conference of the Southeast Medieval Association, Stetson University, Daytona Beach, Florida, 1 Oct. 2005.
- “Translating Time in Ælfric’s Passion of St. Oswald.” International Congress on Medieval Studies, 5 May 2005.
- “The Moon and Mourning in Pearl.” Conference of the Illinois Medieval Association, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 25 Feb. 2005.
- “Oswald’s Bones: Translation, History, and the Martyrdom of a Northumbrian King.” Conference of the Southeast Medieval Association, College of Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina, 16 Oct. 2004.
- “The War on Earth: God’s Sovereignty and the Puritan Revolt in Milton’s Lycidas.” A Calling to Justice, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 21 Feb. 2004.
- Facebook Business
- Facebook’s marketing and scaled education site for advertisers. I built, iterated on, and maintained the previous version and much of the code behind the current version.
- February 2013 – June 2015
- The previous version of this site
- What had languished at this URL before this; note that contact info, etc., is woefully out of date.
- Courses I taught at Loyola University Chicago; subject matter includes composition, Shakespeare, and nature in literature.
- August 2003 – December 2007
- Digital Lazarus
- A set of hypertext pieces related to and a crude digital edition of the “Lazarus” play found in the Towneley manuscript.
- April 2004 – February 2007
- A writing process
- What I imagined would be the start to a series of essays on writing.
- February 2007